January in sum: 17 books read, 4,453+ pages (two books—1 audio, 1 e-ARC—don't have that information available), with an average of 3.8 rating (4 5-star reads!!). I'd have preferred a few more books in general and the ratio between print and audio favors audiobooks more than I'd like, but work's been so heavy I haven't been able to read as much (and I can listen while I work most of the time), that trend may continue for the next couple of months. Not going to complain (too much)...probably.

As per usual, I didn't write quite as many posts as I wanted to, particularly the review-ish kind. But adding a section about non-review-ish posts to this wrap-up makes me feel a lot more productive because I don't normally think of those posts when I look back at the month. So that's a cool thing (although most months won't be as filled with them, I realize).

Anyway, here's what happened here in the first month of 2020:
Books Read

The Pleasures of Reading in an Age of Distraction The Bookish Life of Nina Hill Audiobook Junkyard Cats
5 Stars 5 Stars 3 Stars
3.5 Stars 4 Stars 5 Stars
The White Man's Guide to White Male Writers of the Western Canon Winterkill
3 Stars 3.5 Stars

Still Reading

Tom Jones Original Cover Institutes of Christian Religion vol 1 The Identity and Attributes of God
A Beginning At The End Bloody Acquisitions

Breakdowns
"Traditionally" Published: 12
Self-/Independent Published: 5

Genre This Month Year to Date
Children’s 1 (5%) 11 (5%)
Fantasy 3 (16%) 3 (16%)
General Fiction/ Literature 3 (16%) 3 (16%)
Horror 1 (0%) 0 (0%)
Humor 1 (5%) 1 (5%)
Mystery/ Suspense/ Thriller 6 (32%) 6 (32%)
Non-Fiction 1 (5%) 1 (5%)
Science Fiction 0 (0%) 0 (0%)
Steampunk 0 (0%) 0 (0%)
Theology/ Christian Living 0 (0%) 0 (0%)
Urban Fantasy 4 (21%) 4 (21%)
Western 0 (0%) 0 (0%)

Review-ish Things Posted

• Find Your Weigh by Shellie Bowdoin: A No-Nonsense, but not overly-demanding, approach to Eating right/Weight loss

• Dreyer’s English by Benjamin Dreyer: A delightful guide to style, grammar, spelling and other things English Language-related that you didn’t realize you wanted to know.

• Not Dressed by Matthew Hanover: If this book doesn’t bring a smile to your face, something’s broken

• Junkyard Cats by Faith Hunter, Khristine Hvam: Hunter tries SF with Predictably Entertaining Results

• Wizard Ring by Clare Blanchard: A Subtle Take on Contemporary Fantasy

• Deep Dark Night by Steph Broadribb: High Stakes Danger for Lori Anderson in the Windy City

• Lost Hills by Lee Goldberg: A Dynamite Beginning to a New Series from One of the Most Reliable Scribes Around

• Stone Cold Magic by Jayne Faith, Amy Landon (Narrator): Meet The City of Trees’ Resident Demon Hunter

Other Things I Wroteotherwriting
Other than the Saturday Miscellanies (5th, 11th, and 18th), I also posted:

How was your month?

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2020/02/01/january-2020-in-retrospect-what-i-read-listened-to-wrote-about-template