Okay, I'm back with a mega-list that comes from two weeks of saving ideas. Lots of good stuff to be read in these odds 'n ends about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

• Authors on a Podcast Talking Books Ep. 11 - Marc Thompson—I don't think I've heard an audiobook by him before, but I enjoyed hearing about his process and career. Also, listening to Daria's Mr. DeMartino reading an Amazon review was wonderful, could just that be a half-hour bi-weekly podcast?

• Authors on a Podcast Talking Books Ep. 12 - Mike Chen—much of the same territory as the previous link, but they're both worth listening to. A lot of bonus Star Wars discussion.

• Slow Bear by Anthony Neil Smith—Noir on an North Dakota reservation, looks brutal, intense and good.

• High Fire by Eoin Colfer—I typically enjoy Colfer's stuff and I only needed to read "high-octane adventure about a vodka-drinking, Flashdance-loving dragon who’s been hiding out from the world - and potential torch-carrying mobs - in a Louisiana bayou" to grab it. I've yet to read a review, but they seem positive.

• House on Fire by Joseph Finder—The New Nick Heller novel has him taking on one corner of the opiate crisis. Gonna be good.

• Hi Five by Joe Ide—Isaiah Quintabe is back, which is all i need to know. If you want more, Lashaan at Bookidote has a few things to say.

• Buzz Kill by David Sosnowski—a couple of teenage hackers unleash an AI on the world.

• The Bard's Blade by Brian D. Anderson—a promising looking epic fantasy that I'm trying hard to find time for soon.

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and extend a warm welcome to travelingcloak, clareblanchardbooks (no URL, can't follow-back), Store Of Unicorns, jamesdeeclayton and fluffyluggage for following the blog this week. Don't be a stranger, and use that comment box, would you?

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2020/02/01/saturday-miscellany-2-1-20