No time for an intro this week—too much to read before Jan. 31 to bother rambling on. (mostly a joke).

Here are the odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

• These are the 10 best-selling books of the decade.—I've seen some people react to this like it's a sign of the Fall of American Culture (which actually ties into the Collins and Roth work), but outside of #s 1-3, I don't see this as too bad. (and have contributed to the success of four of these in my own, small, way)

• Notes from the Winter Solstice Meeting—Rick Riordan gives hope to legions and legions of readers with this talk about a better adaptation of the Percy Jackson books. Also, just an entertainingly-written post.

• Typically this time of year, I post links to various "Best Of" lists, and have done so a couple of times this year, but on the whole, I haven't been that inspired by/interested in those from the usual suspects. However, most book bloggers are putting out their lists now, and they're resonating more with me, so...let's look at a few of them, shall we? (not an exhaustive list, and one that we'll revisit soon)

Why Is Reading so Unpopular? How was the book? – Describing the Reading Experience—Armed with a Book trumps the 5-Star System with Data Analysis (I found this fascinating) Happy Holidays and 365 Posts in a Row—Yeah, third PaulsPicks post this week—no, he didn't pay me for clicks (but he could..., just sayin'), I think the dude deserves a tip of the cap for 365 Posts in a row. More than that, he deserves the break he's giving himself... David S’ Non-Comprehensive and Entirely Unrealistic List of Completed Series to read in 2020—If you're like me, you're coming up with reading plans for 2020, David S is at least honest enough to realize his is entirely unrealistic (unlike mine, which is going to be totally doable and not cause me any undue stress or sleepless nights in December)

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and extend a warm welcome to Mental Health •Lifestyle •Finance, Kelly Curtis, and brainyjaney (also, welcome to the weird world of book blogging) for following the blog this week. Don't be a stranger, and use that comment box, would you?