Shorter list this week, with less of the other stuff than usual. Hope I'm not missing anything, and that it's just the end-of-the-year-blahs. I can understand not a lot of things being put out there in the world this week—you likely noticed that I was pretty quiet. I had big, semi-ambitious (yet attainable) goals for the week and hit none of them. I did get three posts partially written, however, so . . . yeah. That's pretty lame, actually. Non-blog life was just weird this week and the results (or lack thereof) were plainly visible in my posting. Onward and upward though.

Anyway, here are the odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

• The Books I Gift Most Often—Better than "Who's your favorite author?"/"What's your favorite book?" Ramona Mead answers "What books do you give the most?" (which is also easier than the others).

Also, I'd like to say hi and extend a warm welcome to Maya's Musings, David W, Rain Alchemist, alittlebookproblem, forwarddog and Tim Onayemi for following the blog this week. Don't be a stranger, and use that comment box, would you?

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2019/12/14/saturday-miscellany-12-14-19