Here are the odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye—Lithub and BookRiot are heavily featured this week. Been awhile since I dipped into those so hard, but I really liked what I saw this week. I wish I could figure out a way to get a kickback (or sponsorship—I'm open to negotiation, folks!) from one/all of them for this... You've probably seen some/most/all of these, but just in case:

• Game of Thrones: George RR Martin FANTASTIC Winds of Winter release date news—I haven't seen a lot of people talking about this, which means it's full of bunk or everyone in the world is as cynical as I am about it. Also, I'm not sure I care at this point (I'm going to have to re-read everything prior to the release just to remember, and I'm not sure I have that much energy. Is there a decent re-cap site?)

• One Man at One Week—Harry Connolly writes a very honest post about the first week of One Man sales. If there was one author I could make you all read, I think it'd be him. If not One Man (which is coming up on my TBR soon), then find something else on his site that strikes your fancy.

• A History of… The Hobbit—Probably my favorite blog post of the week—Bookstooge, longtime Friend of IRR, talks about his personal history with the classic.

• Authors on a Podcast Talking Books Ep. 3 - Jonathan Wood—David Walters (FanFiAddict.com) talks to Jonathan Wood. I read Wood's first two books forever ago, and loved them. Don't ask me why I haven't read on. That ends in 2020, thanks to this episode. BTW, isn't this the best podcast title? Tells you exactly what it is.

• Perfect Murder by Rebecca Bradley—A mystery writer tries to pull of the perfect murder—a plot that I'm sure made none of Bradley's family/loved ones/friends nervous at all.

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and extend a warm welcome to Freedom is the luxury I seek and APB813 for following the blog this week. Don't be a stranger, and use that comment box, would you?

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2019/12/07/saturday-miscellany-12-7-19