Wow. Everyone really took advantage of the holiday week. I found practically nothing for this post. Oh, well—it gives me a chance to focus on other bloggers, not the pros. Thanks to The Write Reads where I got most of the odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

• Favourite Books Without 5 Stars—It always surprises me every year when I do my "Best Of" lists that I skip past some 5 Star books to complete them. It shouldn't, as The Narratess helpfully points out

• I don't have a particular episode to point to, but I listened to a few episodes of this new-ish podcast this week: Under a Pile of Books—It focuses on SF and Fantasy. Sometimes it's just the host, sometimes he chats with a blogger or author. It's pretty good and I can see it falling into my regular rotation, check it out.

• One Man: A City of Fallen Gods Novel by Harry Connolly—A Fantasy Thriller, is the best way I can encapsulate it. Connolly describes it as: "big, odd, ambitious book about crime and magic and a screwed-up guy who has one last chance to do something decent in this world." It's his first novel in four years, and it's driving me crazy that I can't get to it for at least a week and a half. If there was one Fantasy/UF author that I could convince the world to notice, it'd be Connolly, and this looks like his most ambitious novel to date.

• Evil Valley by Simon Hall—After One Man, I'm diving into this one. I was lamenting recently that FP had seemed to stop with these TV Detective books, I'm so glad I was wrong!

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and extend a warm welcome to overtherainbowbookblog and simplyclaudianicole for following the blog this week. Don't be a stranger, and use that comment box, would you?

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2019/11/30/saturday-miscellany-11-30-19