Phew. It's been another week where I'm surprised that I've surfed around enough to have any fodder for this post. Clearly I need to work on self-awareness. There's some good stuff here, chums.

Here are the odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

• Why Should We Read the Classics?—Like, maybe, Paradise Lost? I've posted a few things along these lines lately, but Ramona makes a point or two I don't think have been covered.

• NovelSuspects's podcast—Okay, I haven't listened to anything from this new podcast yet, but there are some really good looking episodes here that you'd probably enjoy.

• Robert B. Parker's Angel Eyes by Ace Atkins—Spenser returns to L.A. and gets to work with Sixkill again. And, yeah, everything you remember from Spenser and the City of Angels is discussed and old friends/allies are visited. I've read it and will be saying some very positive things about it soon.

• Twenty-one Truths About Love by Matthew Dicks—It's been a few years since I've read a Dicks novel (nothing against him, I just haven't gotten to them), this looks good enough that I'm going to dip back in.

• Firefly: The Sting by Delilah S. Dawson and a pack of artists—Yo-Saf-Bridge teams up with River, Zoë, Kaylee and Inara? Say no more.

• Sabbath by Nick Mamatas—An 11th Century warrior in modern Manhattan to save the world? What could go wrong?

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and extend a warm welcome to tracy cole, lidija.biskup, Notes Kecil, Beth Tabler, and R. for following the blog this week. Don't be a stranger, and use that comment box, would you?

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2019/11/23/saturday-miscellany-11-23-19