Odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

• #R3COMM3ND3D2019—I can't believe I forgot to mention this last week. Damppebbles has brought back their series where authors/bloggers/etc. get a chance to talk about 3 books from the last year they're excited about. You need/want TBR ideas? Great place to find some.

• Why I Reread Books—Witty and Sarcastic Book Club's got a great post on this (also ties into some of the earlier pieces this week).

• Maxine Unleashes Doomsday by Nick Kolakowski—Post-apocalytic heist novel (well, more mid-apocalyptic), is just a blast. I tried to titlesummarize my thoughts about it yesterday.

• The Ninja Daughter by Tori Eldridge—"An action-packed thriller about a Chinese-Norwegian modern-day ninja with family issues who fights the Los Angeles Ukrainian mob, sex traffickers, and her own family to save two desperate women and an innocent child." How do you say no to that?

• The Last Dance by Martin L. Shoemaker—An investigation into space mutiny. Looks like a winner.

• Made Things by Adrian Tchaikovsky—I've been wanting to try Tchaikovsky for a while now, this might be the one that gets me.

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and extend a warm welcome to Tom Gamache, proofreadingebooks (the name is making me nervous about my content), Yvonne and Fragilistic for following the blog this week. Don't be a stranger, and use that comment box, would you?