So I saw a pretty decent bump in traffic this week thanks to The Write Reads featuring one of my posts as their Review of the Day, if you're reading this because of them--hi! Thanks for stopping by. I've been meaning to say this for a few weeks now, but I keep forgetting—if you're not following The Write Reads feeds on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram, you really should be. Their Post/Review of the Days are some of the best reading you'll see from Book Bloggers out there. Sure, you'll end up having too much to read (either posts or the books they talk about), but it's worth it.

Anyway, here are the odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them (especially if you follow The Write Reads), but just in case:

• All the *WARNINGS*!!!—The Oranguatan Librarian sounds off on Trigger Warnings. As per the usual, it's a good read.

• Fantasy: A Plethora of Choices—The Witty & Sarcastic Blog takes a look at types of Fantasy Novels (particularly handy for those not sure where to wade into the genre).

• 5 of the Most Useful Animal Sidekicks in Fiction—I'm only familiar with one of the 5, and there's a part of me that wants to respond with a much longer list. But...how do you not recommend anything that talks about Falcor? Quick poll: how many of you have read the book The Neverending Story? Without getting into the merits of it, were you better off just watching the first movie?

• Judging a book by it’s cover…—I love stories about cover design (as long-time readers know and maybe regret), here's some gorgeous examples of what a cover can be.

• How Do You Read Series?—I think I would go insane if I lived like this reader (that's not a criticism, it's a bit of "how do you manage that?" said with incredulity tinged with awe). What about you?

• Book Blogger Spreadsheet Template—my own spreadsheet is getting unwieldy and overly-complicated (it's still a lot better than it was!), I think I might abandon mine next year for this one. It's a work of art.

• The Night Fire by Michael Connelly—Bosch. Ballard. Haller. 'Nuff said. I have 2.6 books to go before I get to this one. Yeah, I'm counting down already.

• The Girl with No Face by M. H. Boroson—an Urban Fantasy set in 19th Century San Francisco's Chinatown? Fantastic idea.

• Ghoster by Jason Arnop—I've seen this title a lot this week, this social media satire/thriller looks like a good way to spend some time.

• From Hell to Breakfast by Meghan Tifft—I'm not even going to try to summarize this one—click the link read more and get as tempted as I am.

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and extend a warm welcome to Anthony Day Grandin, Donald Wilson, lisasbooksgemsandtarot (say that five times fast), Adrianna and Scarlett Backus for following the blog this week. Don't be a stranger, and use that comment box, would you?

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2019/10/26/saturday-miscellany-10-26-19