7,577 pages over 25 books, most of those good books, too—not counting the ones I haven't decided on, I'm looking at a 3.63 average, can't complain about that. Sure, there was a 2-star, but it only took me a day to get through, so it wasn't that bad. Also, this was a month of small additions (and smaller subtractions) to Mount TBR. Yay for restraint? It was a pretty good month, basically. I felt like I was behind most of the month, but I don't think that was really the case. I've got big plans for October, hopefully in a month, I'm feeling as bullish about it as I feel about this month.
So, here's what happened here in September.
- Finding God in the Ordinary by Pierce Taylor Hibbs: Essays to Inspire Devotion
- Life of Christ by J. Gresham Machen: Short, Helpful, to the Point
- Brotherhood of the Worm by M. T. Miller: A little Sam & Dean, a little more Van Helsing, a lot of Monster Killing
- The Swallows by Lisa Lutz: Hilarious and Harrowing Account of Destroying the Status Quo because the Status is Not Quo
- The Editor by Simon Hall: Even after the best of intentions lead to disastrous consequences, there’s hope.
- Catch Up Quick Takes: Shattered Illusions by J. C. Jackson; The Queen Con by Meghan Scott Molin, A Plague of GIants by Kevin Hearne
- Heaven on Earth by Thomas Brooks: A Classic Examination of and Exhortation to Assurance of Faith
- Dachshund Through the Snow by David Rosenfelt: Andy Carpenter gets a Cold Case for Christmas
- Laser House on the Prairie by David W. Barbee: Hard to Get Further from Walnut Grove, MN
- Bloodline by Pamela Murray: Entertaining and complex
- Irony in the Soul: Nobody Listens Like the Dying by Pete Adams: Jack Austin’s crusade continues
- Sea This and Sea That by Jeremy Billups: Plenty of Goodness for the Picture Book Reader to Sea
- Gluten Is My Bitch: Rants, Recipes, and Ridiculousness for the Gluten-Free (Audiobook) by April Peveteaux: Laughing through the Pain of Gluten Deprivation
- The Unkindest Tide by Seanan McGuire: The Luidaeg takes Center Stage in this Water-filled Adventure
- Appetite for Risk by Jack Leavers: An Unusually Realistic Thriller
- The Chain by Adrian McKinty: Move Over, Stanley Milgram, The Chain is here
- Relief by Execution by Gint Aras: Reflections on Societal Woes from a Different Angle on the Holocaust
- Hire Idiots by Professor I.M. Nemo: A Sharp Satire Wrapped in a Murder Mystery
- The Princess Beard by Kevin Hearne, Delilah S. Dawson: An Adventure on the High (and Joke-Filled) Seas of Pell
- I’m Sorry…Love, Your Husband (Audiobook) by Clint Edwards, Joe Hempel: Would-be Humorous Essays on Marriage, Parenting, and Family
- Land of Wolves by Craig Johnson: Longmire's back home and hunting for killers (human and animal alike)
Physical Books: 4 Added, 2 Read, 29 Remaining
E-Books: 0 Added, 0 Read, 24 Remaining
Audiobooks: 0 Added, 1 Read, 2 Remaining
2019 Library Love Challenge
While I Was Reading 2019 Challenge
Nothing this month.
#LetsReadIndie Reading Challenge
2019 Cloak & Dagger Challenge
Humor Reading Challenge 2019
2019 Cloud of Witnesses Reading Challenge
How was your month?