This has been a strange week, I kept running out of steam in the evenings and was honestly and pleasantly surprised to find that I'd played around on social media enough to actually have anything to post today. How I got anything written this week is beyond me. I did do more reading than I expected to—still, I have a need to be reading 5 books right now rather than writing anything (and I don't mean reading a chapter or two and then switching, I literally mean reading 5 simultaneously). When I say that I overcommitted for Sept./Oct. I really mean it. (and that's not counting the two books I pre-ordered months ago that arrived in the last 10 days and are sitting ignored on my shelf).

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this list of odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye—I did:

• Celebrity Book Clubs Are Actually Selling Books—This is an interesting phenomeon, not one that has much of an influence on a reader like me, but it's interesting to see. Also, I'm not a Sportsball guy at all, but I do know who Andrew Luck is. Glancing at his book club picks over the last few months, I think I might check back on it from time to time, I like his taste.

• Author-pay in Tacos per Copy—In response to a tweet about selling ARCs, Kevin Hearne breaks down how authors get paid by the taco (scroll down to see audiobooks and used books)

• Fallen by Benedict Jacka—the tenth in the Alex Verus series is out now, and I'm hoping I can squeeze it in soon. Incidentally, I like the fact that the US covers are starting to be multi-colored. I can't give an abbreviated single-sentence synopsis, because I like walking into these without any idea what's going to happen. It's enough that it's a new Verus.

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and extend a warm welcome to Aqsa haleem, OwlBeSatReading, and bryan_lunsford for following the blog this week. Don't be a stranger, and use that comment box, would you?

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2019/09/28/saturday-miscellany-9-28-19