Gotta make this quick, off to the Boise Library!'s annual Comic Arts Festival to hopefully not spend all my spare change.

After a blunder last week that probably caused a little unintentional offense, I've tweaked my template for this post (specifically, the placeholder text). Invariably, when I do that, something goes awry—if something looks odd, would someone drop a line?

A pretty eclectic mix this week, hope you enjoy these odds 'n ends about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

• In defense of reading the same book over and over again—As someone who finished the Potter series (again) last week, maybe this seems a little self-justifying, but whatever. I also just finished a re-read of a book I don't remember liking at all (liked it somewhat this time...).

• Narrator Interview: Kathleen Wilhoite—In honor of Where’d You Go, Bernadette hitting theaters, Libro.fm reposted this great interview with Wilhoite, the narrator of the audiobook (one of my all-time favorite audiobooks, I'll add)

• Ender’s Game – Where Do We Go From Here?—I bet my list of issues with OSC is different than Tabler's, but she raises an important question in our current climate. There are a myriad of people you could insert the name of here rather than OSC, too. If I only read/bought/blogged about people I agreed with/liked/would vote for/would let my daughter marry, I'd have more money and a lot more time on my hands...

• How Do You Remember What You Read?—something from Bookidote that was on my list for this week before I realized it was on Bookidote (not trying to stuff the ballot box)

*Yes, I threw that in just for Bookstooge's reaction. To play along, watch the comments.

• Episode Eighty Five - Steve is Live from North Carolina with Adrian McKinty—I shouldn't have listened to this at work, I probably got a couple of strange looks from laughing. It's one thing to read Adrian McKinty's story about The Chain, it's another to hear him tell it. He is a riot (and, as usual, when Steve Cavanagh isn't increasing my blood pressure through his prose, he's laugh-inducing, too)

• The Warehouse by Rob Hart—The Real Book Spy says: " Set in the confines of a corporate panopticon that’s at once brilliantly imagined and terrifyingly real, The Warehouse is a near-future thriller about what happens when Big Brother meets Big Business–and who will pay the ultimate price." and that it has " has legit best-book-of-the-year potential."

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and extend a warm welcome to Tammy (great site logo), Curled up with a good book, Kathryn Speckels and ChadeeMañago for following the blog this week.

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2019/08/24/saturday-miscellany-8-24-19