I just had to mark 3 comments as Spam today, I'd like to thank those kind people looking for ways to make me money from the bottom of my heart (for reminding me why I moderate comments). How do people with real traffic on their blog handle it?

Odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

• Collective Nouns For Book Genres—there are some fantastic ideas on this thread started by Waterstones Swansea (a galaxy of Science Fiction, a Pretension of Literary Fiction, Reader’s dozen - 14 books, and a floppiness of paperbacks were a couple of my faves)

This Week's New Releases I'm Excited About and/or You'll Probably See Here Soon:

• Thirteen by Steve Cavanagh—the U. S. release of Eddie Flynn dealing with a Serial Killer on the jury of his latest case. I raved about this a couple of weeks ago. You don't have to know the previous novels in the series to appreciate this one, I should stress.

• Hacked by Duncan MacMaster—MacMaster is one of the best at combining fun and great mysteries at work today. As I assume this sequel to Hack will demonstrate.

• The Swallows by Lisa Lutz—A dark past comes back to haunt the woman running from it (one of Lutz's specialties) as she accidentally kicks off a gender war at a New England Prep School. Last Saturday, I discovered I won a copy of this when it arrived on my doorstep. It's been sitting on my desk since, calling my name...

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and extend a warm welcome to Kitty Marie's Book Reviews Blog, rashidul.huda, Lashaan Balasingam @ Bookidote, Naba Kumar Garai, Psychotherapist ,Counsellor, Film Screenwriter,Playwright,Producer - LONDON.UK and Sonam Sangpo Lama for following the blog this week. (WHERE did you all come from!?)

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2019/08/17/saturday-miscellany-8-17-2019