It seems like half of the things I found for this post this week were links I already posted this year. I guess everyone was having a holiday week. Maybe there's not a lot, but I like what I did see.

Here are the odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

• About half the book bloggers this year seem to be doing a mid-point best-of lists (I have a hard enough time doing these annually, doing them bi-annually? Fuhgeddaboudit.) A couple of my favorite bloggers have posted theirs -- some good things to read here. Check out The Tattooed Book Geek's My Favourite Books of 2019 (so far). and Witty and Sarcastic Bookclub's 2019 Mid-year check-in

• Ink To Ashes by Russell Day -- technically, one of last week's new releases -- but I somehow missed the news. Doc Slidesmith (possibly my favorite new character of 2019) and Yakky are back for more Miss Marple-y action (if Miss Marple was a voodoo-practicing, motorcycle riding, tattoo artist with a PhD).

• Heart of Barkness by Spencer Quinn -- It's been four long years since the last Chet & Bernie novel, I'm so looking forward to this new one. Don't know what it's about yet -- don't care.

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and extend a warm welcome to karishmarele Aurore-Anne-Chehoke, Sovely Matters and chapterinmylife for following the blog this week.

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2019/07/06/saturday-miscellany-7-6-19