This has been one of those weeks...I seem to have a lot of them, lately. I've barely been online -- as this short list will demonstrate. Still, some good stuff.

Also, I've been trying to adjust to Progressive lenses. Trying being the operative word. I'm spending a lot of time with my new lenses in my pocket, to be honest. Which is not what I spent the money for. My old glasses took up space in my pocket while I read for a lot less money. Any glasses that interfere with my reading are not going to spend a lot of time on my face. Anyone else out there dealt with Progressive lenses? Anyone have better success? Tips to share?

Still, I cobbled together a few odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

• Disability and writing -- Friend of the blog, writer par excellence (and his book recommendations are almost as good!), Ian Patrick wrote a great piece on writing life when you have a disability (hopefully the first of many) that contains some smart advice for everyone.

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and extend a warm welcome to Kyles for following the blog this week.

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2019/06/15/saturday-miscellany-6-15-19