Odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

• Possible salvation for Barnes & Noble -- The jury's still out, obviously, on what this week's big news is going to mean for B&N, but there's reason for hope. And if B&N does better, books as a whole do better...

• 18 Books and Series Gen Z Grew Up With -- I've bought copies of most of these for my kids (borrowed a few others from the library) -- read more than my share, too. Not sure why 1977's Bridge to Terabithia made the list -- but it deserves it's place on it, as I recall.

• O&F Podcast, Ep. 196: Patricia BriggsStrout talks to Briggs about a whole host of stuff -- I appreciated her talking about grief and what it did to her writing, and the pressures of hitting the NYT Best-Seller List. But just an enjoyable chat overall.

• Magic for Liars by Sarah Gailey -- a PI is called in by her estranged twin to solve a murder at a Hogwarts-esque private school? Sign me up.

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and extend a warm welcome to weewritinglassie, crimebookjunkie and David for following the blog this week.

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2019/06/08/saturday-miscellany-6-8-19