It's been one of those weeks where I can't just seem to get to the keyboard when I have energy enough to write. Which is frustrating -- I have 2 books I can't wait to talk about (well, 3 after last night), if only I didn't need to move ideas from my brain to my blog via some sort of mediator (in this case, fingers and keyboard, etc.) -- if I could just think them and they'd post, this blog would be busier.

The lack of keyboard time also translates into a short list of odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. But I like these, so I'm okay with the length -- you've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

• Can You Read…Too Much? -- I get the point she's making (and it's half the reason I started The Irresponsible Reader), but I think the headline/hook is a misstep. After that, I'm with her.

• Storm Cursed by Patricia Briggs -- The latest Mercy Thompson book -- I finished it yesterday and it's great.

• State of the Union: A Marriage in Ten Parts by Nick Hornby -- The basis of/based on the new Sundance series (I'm not sure which came first, honestly). But the concept is great (10 conversations between a couple just before they go to their weekly marriage counseling sessions). And well, Hornby, so duh.

• The Big Kahuna by Janet Evanovich and Peter Evanovich -- Fox and O'Hare are back after a 3-hiatus (at least for readers, probably not for the characters). I'm not sure what this series will be like without Goldberg (don't know if I'd have tried it without him), but I'm curious enough to grab this.

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and extend a warm welcome to Ailish Sinclair for following the blog this week.

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2019/05/11/saturday-miscellany-5-11-19