An unexpectedly long (good) day -- after a very unexpectedly long and full week results in this being posted when it's no longer Saturday...eh. Best I can do...

Odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

• Gene Wolfe by Neil Gaiman -- I've read a lot about the Gene Wolfe following his death this week -- almost all laudatory. This -- written years ago -- might be the best.

• Speaking of which, Champions of Indies --is a good post -- even if it's pretty much a thinly disguised advertisement for libro.fm. Still a good post, and libro.fm is a service I don't mind showing advertisements for.

• Hey, did you know that next Saturday is Independent Bookstore Day? I'm sure you did, it just seems like a good time to mention it.

• No Country for Old Gnomes by Delilah S. Dawson and Kevin Hearne -- the second in The Tales of Pell a funny, funny fantasy novel with a lot of heart and other stuff. I'm tired, that's as good as you're going to get from me...if you want moreread my full post about it.

• Going Dark by Neil Lancaster -- an undercover cop infiltrates a Serbian mob. Written by a former covert specialist Detective Sergeant -- looks so good.

• Differently Morphous by Yahtzee Croshaw -- an offbeat-looking fantasy novel about the hunt for a magical serial killer.

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and extend a warm welcome to Ciidagale Raad, KayCKay and BookaholicBrittany
for following the blog this week.

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2019/04/21/saturday-miscellany-4-20-19