Seriously, if Real Life would just shut up for a minute and let me focus on my blog/prep for my blog, it'd be nice. And I'm not talking about huge, important things like -- my kid had life saving surgery, or I was distracted by the tragic events unfolding in [insert important sounding city], or whatever. It's just been busy and I find myself very tired lately. I really look forward to compiling these weekly posts, and the last few have just seemed . . . empty?

I don't know, maybe it's just me -- I do like what we have for this week by way of the odds 'n ends about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

• Vonda N McIntyre obituary -- I won't say I was the biggest McIntyre fan in the world -- I barely read any of her stuff. But I bought two novels in high school by her, and read them an unhealthy amount of times. She perhaps shaped more of my impression of Kirk, Spock and McCoy than anyone else (including Shatner, Nimoy, Kelley, and Roddenberry). Seeing her death announced this week hit harder than it should've for someone I haven't read in decades.

• My Time on West Thirty-Fifth Street -- one writer's fictional and real experiences with Nero Wolfe, and Archie Goodwin (one of the best paragraphs on Archie ever written!). I will not stop posting about Wolfe and Goodwin until everyone who follows this blog reads them. And then I still won't, because you'll want to read more about them.

• You Die Next by Stephanie Marland -- To be honest, I groaned when this showed up on my Kindle Thursday because I'd just finalized my reading schedule for the rest of the month and we feeling pretty good about life. I have no idea when I can fit it in, but I really want it to be now. Anyway, this follow up to last year's My Little Eye is gonna be great.

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and extend a warm welcome to Madam Mim, Sonam Tsering and indianeskitchen for following the blog this week.

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2019/04/06/saturday-miscellany-4-6-19