Another week of slim pickings . . . odd. Is it just end of month malaise? But there's some good stuff here nonetheless. The odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

• The Best Bookstores in All 50 States -- according to MentalFloss. I've posted similar lists in the past, but who can resist a new version -- especially if you are curious about nearby bookstores. I can sign off on 2 of the 3 Idaho bookstores mentioned.

• S3E06 Ben Aaronovitch and James Swallow of Book Off! ("A literary podcast with a difference...")This is the first I've heard of this podcast, but it's a cool concept and I'll take any excuse to listen to Aaronovitch (and I need to track down Swallow's series).

• Ruff vs. Fluff by Spencer Quinn -- Quinn gets controversially inclusive here by having a cat as one of his protagonists in his new MG series. This is likely pretty cute, and I am curious how he'll handle a feline lead, but is only a placeholder in my mind until we get a new Chet & Bernie book this summer.

• Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss by sRajeev Balasubramanyam -- I wish I could remember how this ended up on my radar, but it looks like it'll appeal to the Maria Semple, Fredrick Bachman, etc. side of me. Probably you, too.

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and extend a warm welcome to amiiiesbooks for following the blog this week.

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2019/03/30/saturday-miscellany-3-30-19