So the lateness today is intentional, I had to take care of Main Bad Guy's post (which you should read, not because I think the post is so good, but the book I'm talking about is). Busy week around here -- but good, on the whole. Hope yours is as well. Getting our first real snow of the season right now -- odd for it to come so late, but I'm glad we finally got some (I'll be less glad when I have to leave the house in a couple of hours, but . . . )

On with things -- here are the odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

• Advice to New Bookbloggers -- Mrs Blogs the Average Reader has some uncommonly sage advice that even established bloggers might profit from.

• Black Summer: Cover Reveal! -- I honestly don't care what the cover looks like, as long as I get to spend more time with The Puppet Show's Poe and Tilly (one of my favorites from last year), but it is a cool cover -- and the blurb is even better.

• Stranger Things: Suspicious Minds by Gwenda Bond -- The true story about what happened to Eleven's mother. I had this in my hand and put it down today. I'm very curious, but not sure I want to try this. I'm going be looking for reviews on this one. Feel free to point me at some -- especially your own!

• One Fatal Mistake by Tom Hunt -- another one that I'm curious about, it could be really good. A mother and son cover up an accidental killing, and then things get out of control...

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and extend a warm welcome to Kara Skinner, Blood Rose Books, libarah and Matilde Mbulo for following the blog this week.

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2019/02/09/saturday-miscellany-2-9-19