This week's list is light on news-y posts and primarily features authors I greatly appreciate sounding off about interesting topics and updates for their fans/readers/etc. Honestly, I prefer weeks like this -- a lot of stuff to think about/debate. Some good odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

• While reading the above, I saw this: If I Hate Violence So Much, Why Do I Love Writing About It? by Adam Sternbergh. I've loved his novels -- which do feature a lot of violence, so I had to read this (although I could've guessed almost everything he said about himself -- but still, the "why" is intriguing).

• Exciting news to share on publication day! -- M. W. Craven, a new favorite since last summer, has a lot of good news to share on the day his The Puppet Show (which featured prominently on my 2018 wrap up posts) came out in paperback (at least in the UK).

• Ranking Jonathan Tropper's Novels -- Matthew Hanover discusses and ranks Jonathan Tropper's novels. I could feel Tropper's influence in Hanover's work, so this was in my sweet spot (am hoping to do a Tropper re-read later this year, btw). I'd argue about #4's place on the list, but I think Hanover could convince me to keep it that high. However, he's dead wrong about #1 and #2 and should flip them after publicly repenting. No sackcloth and ashes required, but . . .

Somehow no books were published this week that piqued my interest. At least not that I saw. Good. Catch up time.

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and extend a warm welcome to allmyheroesareweirdos, ladolceamara, William J. Fulton, Shawn P. B. Robinson, Davida Chazan, wanderingminds2019 and Elle for following the blog this week (I think this is my biggest week ever -- thanks, guys & gals!).

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2019/01/26/saturday-miscellany-1-26-19