Remember when this was posted at about the same time every week? Yeah, me neither. On the other hand, I slept well last night. Even if that started well before I was ready/aware of it.

Oh, btw, the whole "Block Editor" thing that WordPress is trying to get me to use -- I don't see the point and man, there'd better be a whole lotta very accessible help files ready to go when they impose this on us w/o the option to go back to the Classic Editor.

With no further ado or delay, here are the odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

• Back Door To Hell by Paul Gadsby -- a couple of amateurs try to steal from a crime lord to start their lives. Am thinking the title gives a hint about how that goes.

• Marked by S Andrew Swann-- what a fantastic premise -- click the link to read it. A detective, magic, time travel and extra-dimensional bad guys.

• Tear It Down by Nick Petrie -- my goal of catching up on the Peter Ash series this year just got 384 pages harder.

• Night School: A Reader for Grownups by Zsófia Bán -- Click the link to read the description, I can't do it justice. I've only heard good things about this and can easily see it living up to the hype.

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and extend a warm welcome to Dalindcy Koolhoven and ailishsinclair for following the blog this week.

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2019/01/19/saturday-miscellany-1-19-19