Just a few odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

Lin-Manuel Miranda buys bookshop to save it from closure -- sweet little story.

The Art of the Pan: What’s the Point of a Bad Review in 2019? -- Not technically about books/reading -- but anyone looking at this space thinks about reviews in general at least a little bit.

I somehow at various points of the week stumbled onto a theme. We'll start with: On the Heartbreaking Difficulty of Getting Rid of Books: Summer Brennan Attempts Marie Kondo's Approach to Tidying Up Her Library -- I may have actually shared this back in 2016, I'm too lazy to check.

What we gain from keeping books – and why it doesn’t need to be ‘joy’ -- Anakana Schofield had a very different reaction to Kondo's advice.

And finally -- try not to get jealous at some of these pics: 10 Famous Book Hoarders -- another one I might have shared before, but I ran across it this week again.

Seanan McGuire‏ prompted fans to hit her up with Toby Daye characters brought to life by memes from The Good Place, which was very fun.

The Burglar by Thomas Perry -- a young burglar stumbles onto a murder scene and ends up running for her life. A heckuva thrill-ride. I talked about it last fall a bit.

The Fall of Io by Wesley Chu -- we finally get to return to the war between Prophus and Genjix via Ella and Io. I need to find time to read this soon.

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and extend a warm welcome to Hannah, workwithlapo and salmanalfarisi for following the blog this week.

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2019/01/12/saturday-miscellany-1-12-19