I seem to be having one of those weeks: I'm reading a fantastic book and -- to make deadlines -- a pretty good book and one I haven't decided about yet. And I feel like I'm getting nowhere with any of them (the bookmarks keep moving, so I know that's not the case). It's pretty frustrating. Especially with library due dates and other deadlines looming. I tell ya, the reader's life is hard, yo.

Anyway, I haven't spent that much time web/social media surfing this week. But I do have a small list of odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye to share with you. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

A Massive Number of Iconic Works Will Enter the Public Domain on New Year’s Eve -- I'm not convinced it'll be all that good for creativity, but it'll be handy for ease of access.

Old favorites, outdated attitudes: Can entertainment expire? -- I'm not sure Antony gets anywhere with this question, but it's something I keep running into.

How to Read Even More in 2019: 12 Tips on How to Maximize Your Reading This Year -- I've seen this shared a lot. Unlike most years where I see a variety on the same theme, it's like everyone just decided to use this from Strand Bookstore.

25 Books Hitting the Screen in 2019 -- Some items on this list seem like a bad idea, few really excite me. What about you?

The Real Book Spy’s 2019 Reading Guide: Every Thriller We Know About So Far

Starting yesterday, "and continuing every Friday moving forward," Criminal Element "will be revisiting every Edgar Award winner for Best Novel." -- Which looks like a dynamite series.

Raymond Chandler and a Meditation on Nero Wolfe and His Orchids

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and extend a warm welcome to Asha Seth, rosemikeals42, nikkit321, andrayachristine and Solid lover of poetry for following the blog this week.