Naturally, after a big week last week -- a small list. But I quite like the list of odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

• Recommended: Jane Mount and Oyinkan Braithwaite I don't listen to every episode of this podcast, honestly. Usually only if there's a guest like/want to hear from or at least one book I want to hear someone talk about. This episode features people less-than-3'ing The Phantom Tollbooth and Jane Eyre -- Braithwaite charmed me, I was very pleased when I realized she was the author of My Sister the Serial Killer, which I'd just checked out from the library.

• Lies Sleeping by Ben Aaronovitch -- the gloves are off and the Folly (and the rest of the Metropolitan Police) are giving everything they have to take down the Faceless Man. Best of the series, a href="https://wp.me/p3z9AH-3Ah" target="_blank">as I said recently.
  • My Sister, the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite -- Not only does Braithwaite had great taste in books (see above), she's written a witty and dark tale of a Nurse who finds her self trying to protect a sister with a knack for killing her boyfriends.
  • August by Jim Lusby -- A dark crime story involving child abuse, the drug trade, populist politicians and more in Ireland. Bought it instantly, and trying to find a spot in my calendar for it.
  • Big Damn Hero by James Lovegrove -- The first Firefly novel -- a job for Badger goes wrong. Whoda thunk it?

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and extend a warm welcome to Moonlight Snow, Fashion-Creative thinking and jennifertarheelreader for following the blog this week.

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2018/11/24/saturday-miscellany-11-24-18