Odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

• In a House of Lies by Ian Rankin -- Yeah, if I stick to schedule, it'll be April before I get to this, but book 22 in John Rebus series is out.
  • Deck the Hounds by David Rosenfelt -- the second Christmas adventure for Andy Carpenter is almost as strong as the first -- and better than most of the recent non-holiday reads. Here's my post about it.
  • The Consuming Fire by John Scalzi -- I thought the first volume of this series was a lot of fun for a book about an apocalypse in progress -- this should be good.
  • Gmorning, Gnight!: Little Pep Talks for Me & You by Lin-Manuel Miranda -- I'm not the Hamilton-phile that the rest of the Free World seems to be, but there's something about Miranda that I really like. Should prove to be a fun read.

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and extend a warm welcome to Equipping, Williwash, and angelgwapaxd for following the blog this week.

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2018/10/20/saturday-miscellany-10-20-18