Not my most productive (reading or writing) week, but have had fun with it. Last night I was told I could pass for Rothfuss if I grew my hair out (I'll take that as a compliment) and I got to see and meet Craig Johnson (post to come) -- nothing wrong with an evening like that.

Lacking a segue, here are the odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

• Lethal White by "Robert Galbraith"-- the fourth novel in the Cormoran Strike series -- a mystery novel that's the size of an epic fantasy (enjoying it, but wishes the point could get cut to a bit more often).
  • How to Invent Everything: A Survival Guide for the Stranded Time Traveler by Ryan North -- in case you time travel to the far past and accidentally wipe out civilization, this book will show you how to rebuild civilization. Which sounds handy.
  • Soulless (Illustrated Hardcover Edition) by Gail Carriger -- I rather enjoyed the books in this series that I read before getting distracted. Maybe this new edition will help me get back into it.
  • Battlestar Suburbia by Chris McCrudden -- humorous SF, I'm not going to try to summarize in a sentence. Click the link.
  • The Queen of Crows by Myke Cole -- the middle, and likely darker, novel in the Sacred Thrones trilogy.

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and extend a warm welcome to hellotheregigi and NAME for following the blog this week.

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2018/09/22/saturday-miscellany-9-22-18