Odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

• Night and Silence by Seanan McGuire -- my favorite ongoing UF series (until Butcher starts publishing regularly again) gets a new installment, it's intense, it's good. I'll probably be a wreck when I finish it.
  • Depth of Winter by Craig Johnson -- I've been waiting on the edge of my seat since about 30 seconds after reading the last page of The Western Star. This is gonna be huge. Johnson's doing a reading in town at the end of the month, and a book comes with the ticket, so I have to wait a little longer before I dive in. On the plus side, I didn't have to choose between this and Night and Silence (that's a choice that could turn me into Chidi Anagonye)
  • The Man Who Came Uptown by George Pelecanos
  • The Spaceship Next Door by Gene Doucette -- a UFO lands and does nothing for 3 years?
  • Voyage of the Dogs by Greg van Eekhout -- Homeward Bound in space? Whatever, read that Big Idea article linked above and you'll see why I feel like I have to read this.

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and extend a warm welcome to Ola G for following the blog this week.

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2018/09/08/saturday-miscellany-9-8-18