Just a few odds 'n ends over this past week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:
- The Need to Read: Reading books remains one of the best ways to engage with the world, become a better person and understand life’s questions, big and small -- This is a few years old, and I might have linked to it before, if I have, it's worth a reread.
- On Semicolons and the Rules of Writing -- been awhile since we got grammar-nerdy here, this is a good way to get back to it.
- A conversation with Ace Atkins about Spenser series and more -- with the next Quinn Colson novel just around the corner, ol' Ace Atkins is getting some good press.
- The Big Seep: Reading Raymond Chandler in the age of #MeToo. -- Megan Abbot talks about her increasingly complicated relationship with Chandler. I'm not saying her take on Chandler is spot-on, but there's a lot of food for thought.
- Kick-Ass Heroines WHO Should Be Read? -- Zoë Sharp, who knows a thing or two about the subject herself, gives us a good reading list.
- 10 Reasons Book Reviews Still Matter
- Ace Atkins - Robert B. Parker's Old Black Magic on Stephen Usery's Mysterypod