Maybe it was the holiday, maybe it was . . . who knows? I just didn't see that much for this post this week. But there are a couple of odds 'n ends about books and reading that did catch my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:
- Leisure reading in the U.S. is at an all-time low -- ugh.
- How To Lend A Book To A Friend & Still Get It Back Afterwards — Without It Being Awkward -- there's just been a whole lot about book lending in the atmosphere lately...why?
- Venting: Pirating books is wrong! -- When you see tweets from Steve Cavanagh and Seanan McGuire (great thread, read it) on the same topic, you know something big happened. This rant does a good job summing up the arguments against book piracy. Sadly, I know too many and it's really difficult to remember to be civil to them.
- Marked by Benedict Jacka -- Man, you thought Alex Verus had it rough when he was suspected constantly by TPTB and only trusted to help when they had no choice? Well, now that he's one of TPTB (a minor P, but still) things are so much worse. Really digging this one, hope to post about it early next week.
- Heroine’s Journey by Sarah Kuhn -- the third volume in this very strange, very charming, and frequently quirky Superhero series looks to continue the strange, charming and quirky ways.