Odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:
- Lots of People Love ‘To Kill a Mockingbird.’ Roxane Gay Isn’t One of Them. -- Roxane Gay is wrong about Mockingbird but that's okay (I suppose), but this is actually about the shortcomings about a new book about the Novel/Film adaptation.
- Michael Connelly on Bosch, Books, and the (Occasional) Bad Review -- from Novel Suspects.
- Teaching Children to Love Mystery, One Comic At a Time: How Scooby Doo Taught Me to Love Genre Fiction
- Hot Reading Challenge Tips from Pros Who Read More Than 100 Books a Year
- Tor.com Reviewers’ Choice: The Best Books of 2018—So Far -- Last week we had Time's lists, this week Tor.com weighs in.
- 10 Hilarious Book Reviews