So, as Bookstooge commented yesterday -- I seem to be in a bit of a slump -- "meh"ish books and "meh"ish posts. Even the book I liked this week didn't get my real best writing. Not sure what's up with that. Better books to write about next week (mostly) -- that should help. I've read two things this week that knocked me for a loop, looking forward to writing about them. Anyway . . .

Whoops! Going into this post, I thought I had a pretty good selection -- turns out that it was mostly variations on a few themes. Most of which I ended up bailing on, so I can present to you only the most interesting of odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye -- even if it is a short list. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

• For Those Who Know the Ending by Malcolm Mackay -- an awesome looking Tartan Noir crime novel.
  • Uncharted by Kevin J. Anderson and Sarah A. Hoyt -- Lewis and Clark in an alternate-history/fantasy novel. Looks pretty cool to me.

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and extend a warm welcome to jstlouise for following the blog this week.

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2018/05/12/saturday-miscellany-5-12-18