When I posted Thursday about my lack of posting this week, I wasn't sure what else to say, but for those who are curious about distractions of this past week --read this from my other blog.
Meanwhile, here are the odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:
- 'Women are better writers than men': novelist John Boyne sets the record straight -- I think there are many problems with this, but it's still nice to see as an alternative to things written saying the opposite (equally problematic).
- Why Write Fiction in 2017? -- Interesting (but as problematic as the above).
- The Craft of Fiction: Lee Child and Andy Martin in Conversation -- A fun, if long, chat between the two.
- Where do you write? -- this video clocks in at less than 3 minutes. Nice to put a face to some names if nothing else.
- This Delightful Letter Shows Conan Doyle's True Feelings Toward Sherlock Holmes headline says it all.
- How Indie Presses Are Elevating the Publishing World
- Elon Musk’s Mars-Bound Tesla Roadster to Carry Towel and “Don’t Panic” Sign -- Hitchhiker's Guide in space. How fitting is that?
- Ready Player One Author Ernie Cline Confirms He's Writing A Sequel -- I'd prefer he play in another sandbox, but I'll read this with pleasure.