Odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:
- Why You Should Surround Yourself With More Books Than You'll Ever Have Time to Read -- not that I needed the excuse . . .
- Dear Broke Reader: Your Sense of Entitlement is Killing Me -- Yeah, it's a year and a half old, but still good. I'm not sure why I'm reading all these anti-piracy pieces lately -- but there's probably a need.
- Netflix Grabs Hold Of John Scalzi’s Sci-Fi Novel ‘Old Man’s War’ For Jon Shestack, Madhouse -- It's not my favorite Scalzi book, but by far the most adaptable (I think). Oh, yeah, it also left to one of the more amusing tweets I read this week.
- PC Grant Series by Ben Aaronovitch -- Books are My Cwtches gives a nice overview of that fun series.
- These Parody Book Covers Of Famous Classics Will Make Any True Literary Nerd Laugh Out Loud -- There are some good ones here.
- This Week's New Releases I'm Excited About and/or You'll Probably See Here Soon:
- A Flame in the Dark by Faith Hunter -- the third installment of the Nell Ingram series is just great. I had a lot to say about it recently.
- The Defense by Steve Cavanagh -- Cavanagh's debut novel about a con man turned lawyer is out in paperback here in the States -- a great series to jump on at a decent price.
Lastly, I'd like to say hi and welcome to Anushka for following the blog this week.