Odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

A couple of Book-ish Related Podcast Episodes you might want to give a listen:
  • Hank Garner's The Author Stories Podcast had two strong episodes this week: Episode 260: Andy Weir was great -- he talked about a novel he had to shelve, his one problem with The Martian movie, and the genesis of Artemis.
  • Episode 262: Janet Evanovich -- I've actually never read/heard an Evanovich interview before (that I recall, anyway). This was great to hear.

This Week's New Releases I'm Excited About and/or You'll Probably See Here Soon:
  • Artemis by Andy Weir -- Can Weir follow The Martian with anything but a let down? I finished this last night, and my answer is YES! Also: Phew!! Basically, it's a heist novel set in the first city on the Moon. And it's great.
  • Deep Blue Trouble by Steph Broadribb -- Lori Anderson, the wonderful single-mom/bounty hunter from Deep Down Dead (and possibly my favorite new character this year) is back for more. I'm pretty sure I knew this was coming out this week, but I'd forgotten it, so seeing it show up on my Kindle really screwed up my reading schedule for the rest of the month. How much do I care? Not one whit.
  • Into the Drowning Deep by Mira Grant -- None of Seanan McGuire's alter ego's books have appealed to me yet (beyond being written by one of the best around). This one just might get me to give Grant a shot. For those more open to the horror or SF-Horror type of read, you should probably consider this one.

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and welcome to theartdive and M.L.S.Weech for following the blog this week.

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2017/11/18/saturday-miscellany-11-18-17