Odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

This Week's New Releases I'm Excited About and/or You'll Probably See Here Soon:
  • The Midnight Line by Lee Child -- In the wake of Make Me (which still gives me the heebie jeebies), Reacher goes on a hunt to indulge his curiosity (and we all know he's going to end up doing a lot more)
  • Communication Failure by Joe Zieja -- this funny follow-up to last year's Mechanical Failure will get you laughing at the brink of Interplanetary War. It's great, as I discussed here.
  • Bonfire by Krysten Ritter -- Ritter's first novel is a suspenseful, solid read. Here's what I wrote about it last month.
  • The Wrong Stars by Tim Pratt -- another comedic space opera this week -- sounds like a pretty good trend.
  • A Spoonful of Magic by Irene Radford -- it's a cute premise, and different enough from the typical UF that it looks worth a try.
  • A Burdizzo For A Prince by Mark Rapacz -- J. J.'s a hitman on the run from his former colleagues after he dishes out some justice on the boss' son. Look up the word "Burdizzo" and you'll get an idea why J. J. probably doesn't want anyone to catch him.
  • Heather, the Totality by Matthew Weiner -- It's Matthew Weiner, what else needs to be said?

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2017/11/11/saturday-miscellany-11-11-17