Odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

A Book-ish Related Podcast Episode you might want to give a listen:
  • Mysterypod with Reed Farrel Coleman -- Coleman talks to Stephen Usery about his latest Jesse Stone novel, and a little about Gus Murphy, his book with Michael Mann and more.

This Week's New Releases I'm Excited About and/or You'll Probably See Here Soon:
  • A Plague of Giants by Kevin Hearne -- Hearne trades the Urban in for Epic in this fantasy novel. I started this 2 days ago and am making incredibly slow progress (my fault, not the book's), but it's just gorgeous. I am going to have many, many good things to say about this next week.
  • Righteous by Joe Ide -- Isaiah Quintabe is on the hunt for his brother's killer and trying to keep a DJ safe from various criminals.
  • How to Think by Alan Jacobs -- building on recent works about the science of thinking, Jacobs focuses o the art of it. I had a little tosay about it.

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and welcome to whatsnonfiction for following the blog this week.

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2017/10/21/saturday-miscellany-102017