Wild Thing - Josh Bazell, Robert Petkoff, Stephanie Wolfe

If you don't think of this as a sequel to Beat the Reaper, this is a tolerable thriller. If you think of this as a sequel to Beat the Reaper, it's a tragedy.

The plot was okay, the but outside of that, it's unnecessarily preachy -- the screeds about global climate change and evolution/religion were a big turn-off. They were too long (frequently distracting from the point), and were directed at straw-man opponents.

Speaking of straw-men, I'm not a fan of Sarah Palin, really. But she (or anyone else) shouldn't be treated like this -- it's okay if an author has a problem with her politics or religious views and expresses it in fiction. But to invent nutty religious views and put 'em in her mouth that's just wrong and off-putting.

There are some good action scenes, and I enjoyed the paleontologist that Peter was hired to travel with (not enough to remember her name, mind you . . . ), and there's no denying that Bazell can spin a story. So I'm not saying it's a bad book. It just doesn't belong in the same conversation as its predecessor.

I've got absolutely no complaints about Petkoff's work -- he does everything he can with the material.

Save your time -- re-read or re-listen to Beat the Reaper -- or try Shane Kuhn or Hart Hanson. This isn't worth it.

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2017/08/25/wild-thing-audiobook-by-josh-bazell-robert-petkoff