Odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:
- 'Lazy and sloppy': historical novelist Philippa Gregory's bizarre take on genre writing -- Alison Flood responds to Gregory's odd comments that we linked to last week.
- The Importance of Authors Finishing Series On Their Terms -- Yes.
- Why publishing imprints are the new status symbol for celebrities
- Why George Guidall Is the Undisputed King of Audiobooks -- I've only listened to him doing the Walt Longmire books, but I can see his appeal
- Val McDermid, Lee Child and Dennis Lehane on crime writing -- this is good
- Q&A with Ace Atkins