My wife, youngest and I were out of town for a few days last week for some medical tests (the super-curious can click here for details, but that's not the point). I knew I was being overly ambitious when I packed 3 books for my 2.5 days away, but I was unprepared for how busy the waiting areas we were in were. I got a little over 100 pages of reading done. Pitiful number, really. I know I had more important things going on, but I still expected a little more.

Anyway, I was away from the Internet for a few days, and so I didn't find that many odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading, but I enjoyed these:

A Book-ish Related Podcast Episode you might want to give a listen:

• Myke Cole Interview -- on The Author Stories Podcast. I've heard Cole interviewed a couple of times before, but Garner got a bit more out of him than I'd heard before.

This Week's New Releases I'm Excited About and/or You'll Probably See Here Soon:

• The Late Show by Michael Connelly -- I'm about 2/3 done with this and am really impressed with Connelly's new detective.

• Graveyard Shift by Michael F. Haspil -- a UF Police Procedural, some peanutbutter in my chocolate. Looks tasty.

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and welcome to danielwalldammit for following the blog this week.

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2017/07/22/saturday-miscellany-72117