There weren't a lot of odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye, but these are worth your while:

A Book-ish Related Podcast Episode you might want to give a listen:
  • Fredrik Backman Interview -- on The Author Stories Podcast. I forgot to post this last week -- whoops. Fascinating author, good discussion. Hank Garner's a reliable listen anyway, when you get an author like this, it makes for a very good podcast.

This Week's New Releases I'm Excited About and/or You'll Probably See Here Soon:
  • In the Still by Jacqueline Chadwick -- a former forensic psychologist in a new country gets sucked into a murder investigation. I started this one this morning, really good so far . . .
  • Stillhouse Lake by Rachel Caine -- a thriller about a serial killer's wife in the aftermath of her husband's conviction.
  • and we even see some books without the word "Still" in the title...
  • Heroine Worship by Sarah Kuhn -- the sequel to last year's Heroine Complex, now that her PA/friend is her crime-fighting partner, how does Aveda Jupiter deal with things?
  • Lost Boy: The True Story of Captain Hook by Christina Henry -- The story of Captain Hook, from his POV

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2017/07/08/saturday-miscellany-7817