Odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

• On the latest Crime Time Podcast, Lee and Eddie end the show with the beginning (I hope) of a discussion on writers focusing on the gory parts of murder scenes -- particularly featuring female victims.
  • This week's Two Crime Writers and a Microphone has an interview with novelist, and first-time Crime writer, Harry Brett. Brett also teaches in MFA programs and hearing his thoughts on the genre is thought-provoking (and the kind of thing I want to shove down the throats of all my "don't you read real literature" friends?).

• A Rare Book Of Cunning Device by Ben Aaronovitch and Kobna Holdbrook-Smith -- an audio-only Peter Grant/Rivers of London short story. I listened to it yesterday and thought it was pretty fun.

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and welcome to passmethatbook (am sure with a moniker like that there's a blog attached, but I didn't get a URL with the follow notification) and Tannat for following the blog (in one form or another) this week.

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2017/04/29/saturday-miscellany-4292017