Snotgirl Vol. 1: Green Hair Don't Care - Leslie Hung, Leslie Hung, Mickey Quinn, Bryan Lee O'Malley

I don't know what Bryan Lee O'Malley was doing here, really. Lottie Person is a fashion blogger, trend setter, and all around would-be Kardashian. She's a little vapid, a little shallow, but pretty likable (don't ask me how). Her actual life is a mess -- she has horrible allergies -- crazy horrible (hence the name), has been recently dumped, and maybe, just mayyyyybe killed somebody. She's not sure -- neither is the reader.

What follows (for about 80% of the book), is Lottie bouncing around between social engagements, possible hallucinations, and run-ins with her ex and his new girlfriend. Throw in a fashion-conscious cop and things get pretty interesting (and confusing).

I loved the art -- it was a little strange to see this kind of art attached to O'Malley's writing, but I really liked Hung's work. Yeah, her white guys tend to look too much alike to easily tell the difference (that might be intentional) -- but otherwise, I really liked it -- everything jumped off the page, the drawings were filled with energy and life. Every time I thought about bailing because the story just wasn't working, the art kept me in.

I just don't know what to make of this -- I enjoyed it, but man . . . I really wish I knew what was going on. I can handle it for a little bit longer -- but not much. Volume 2 had better be a little clearer (or a little something else). I'm not going to wave potential readers off, but I'm not going to encourage anyone either.

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2017/03/08/snotgirl-vol-1-green-hair-dont-care-by-bryan-lee-omalley-leslie-hung