been so sick the last few days, haven't even cracked open my laptop since Friday night . . . so yeah this is late:
Here are the odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye -- I'm on a hotel wifi, which is spotty (is that a tautology?), so between the distractions this week and the wifi, this might be brief. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:
- The husband of best-selling author Patricia Briggs died unexpectedly early Monday morning -- simply tragic.
- 'New York Times' Cuts a Range of Bestseller Lists -- hmm
- When Books Die, All at Once -- which is not really related to the above
- The Physical Book Will Surely Endure: But Will It Endure for the Right Reason? -- worth the click if only for the pull quote at the top of the page
- Anaïs Nin on How Reading Awakens Us from the Slumber of Almost-Living
- Hi, I’m a Book Addict -- I doubt anyone reading this can identify
- 10+ Cool Bookends We Made For Cool People Who Love Books
- 10 Reasons People Who Read Books Are Just Better
Lastly, I'd like to say hi and welcome to bettybookreviews and BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BOOK BLOG for following the blog (in one form or another) this week -- both look like nifty book blogs. Thanks also to Nothing better than a good book... for the encouraging words.