Surprisingly small batch of links for this week -- holidays messing with my normal haunts, I think. Hopefully, things pick up in the new year. Here are the odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:
- Carrie Fisher the writer: Witty and vulnerable, she took us to the edge of our comfort zone -- Naturally, loved Fisher as Leia, trying to kill Jake Blues, and Harry Burns' worst blind date; but through her novels and Wishful Drinking, I really learned to appreciate her. Am glad Scalzi got to focus on this part of her career.
- Self-Publishing: An Insult To The Written Word -- This is just . . . wow. Ignorant? Horrible?
- The Books That Will Make 2017 More Interesting -- suddenly, I'm liking 2016 a lot more.
- Our Bloggers’ Favorite Reads of 2016 -- from B&N's SF&F blog
- The 11 best science fiction and fantasy novels of 2016 -- The Verge's list has some titles in common, but many that aren't.