Odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:
- Most Independent Book Stores are small businesses. It's Small Business Saturday -- do the math
- So You Want to Read Urban Fantasy: Here’s Where to Start -- Shawn Speakman offers some good (not perfect) advice
- 10 of This Year’s Finest Criminous Tales -- From Kirkus Reviews
- 10 Literary Fan Theories That Will Have You Seriously Questioning Everything You've Ever Read
- The Operator by Kim Harrison -- if there's a version of Earth in the Multiverse where this blog is a force in publishing, Harrison's Peri Reed Chronicles is a best-selling juggernaut (hopefully, it's neither the one that Walter-nate or Dr. Zoom is from). Anyway, book 2 is out now, and you should read it.
- The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher -- I'm not sure I need another memoir from Fisher after Wishful Drinking, but then again -- why not? I've also read most of her novels -- Fisher's a far better writer than an actress, and is one of the funniest authors around. I have no idea what she'll say in this one beyond the Harrison Ford stuff, but it'll provoke more than a few laughs.
Lastly, I'd like to say hi and welcome to annmariemcqueen1.