Odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:
- You have one last chance to weigh in: Not the Booker prize 2016: your final judgments, please -- Tiffany McDaniel’s The Summer That Melted Everything could use some support.
- The Big Five US Trade Book Publishers -- If you want to get an idea how your favorite imprint(s) relate to the Big 5, this'll help. Fascinating.
- Lee Child’s Jack Reacher thrillers are massive bestsellers. Here’s why they deserve it -- Yes.
- The List of Books That Saved My Life
- How Much Beer Does it Take to Get a Hobbit Drunk? -- Emily Asher-Perrin answers this vital question
- Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency -- BBCAmerica's take on this series premiers tonight -- hoping this is good and that it connects with viewers. I had no major problems with (and enjoyed, but didn't love) the last TV version of this that almost no one seemed to watch, but this one shows promise.
- Bernie Bookworm’s Reading Rules -- If you're reading this post, you can probably relate to much/all of this.