Odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:
- Yang Issues 'Reading Without Walls Challenge' -- I have no idea who Gene Luen Yang is, but I like this idea.
- A hundred years on from Agatha Christie’s first novel, crime fiction is going cosy again -- Didn't realize that cozies had ever gone out of style. I see them all over the place...
- Disney Announces New Rick Riordan Imprint -- "an imprint devoted to mythology-based books for middle grade readers."
- Sorry Rainbow Rowell fans, the ‘Eleanor & Park’ movie isn’t happening -- Alas.
- 13 Signs You Might Be-a No Frills Reader (NFR)
- This Week's New Releases I'm Excited About and/or You'll Probably See Here Soon:
- Robert B. Parker’s Debt to Pay by Reed Farrel Coleman -- A tense follow-up to Coleman's first Jesse Stone novel. I said more about it here.
- An Obvious Face by Craig Johnson -- a fun outing for Walt and a chance to get to know Henry better. In case you are curious, here's what I said about it.
- The Littlest Bigfoot by Jennifer Weiner -- Weiner tries her hand at MG.