Odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

• The Summer that Melted Everything by Tiffany McDaniel -- I've gushed enough about this already, but it's officially out now -- get reading!
  • How did I miss Outfoxed by David R last week? Seriously, what's wrong with me? Andy Carpenter, a dog on the cover, with crime and jokes inside -- a recipe for fun.
  • Nevernight by Jay Kristoff -- after The Lotus War I've gotta give whatever he puts out a shot. Doesn't hurt that this looks really good.
  • GUN by The Gun Collective -- an experimental, collaborative novel put out my the mavericks over at Fahrenheit Press.
  • City of Wolves by Willow Palecek -- A "gaslamp fantasy noir" -- I'm not really sure what that means (but I have a pretty good idea), but it looks like a fun read.

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and welcome to Grace Crandall for following the blog this week. Thanks to ThemisAthena for all the encouraging likes and to Bookstooge for catching my BookLikes goof.

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2016/07/30/saturday-miscellany-73016